One thing that sets us apart from many other rental agencies is that all of our vans are pet friendly. This, however, comes with some important qualifications:
- You may only bring one pet over one year old (absolutely no puppies). If you bring a dog that is under 20 lbs you must bring a pet carrier.
- If you bring a pet, we will provide you with a rear seat cover that must be used at all times if your dog (like ours) will sleep on the rear seat while traveling or in camp. The $100 cleaning charge does not include funds to clean muddy dog paw prints off the upholstery and will result in additional charges.
- If you are beach camping, wash and towel dry your dog before letting them return to the van. We will provide you with towels for your dog.
- You may not leave your pet unattended in the van at any time. In addition to being against the law, dogs that experience anxiety can do a great deal of damage in a short amount of time. That damage could negatively impact the next renter’s experience while we wait for a new seat or cushion to arrive from Denver. If your dog weighs less than 20 lbs you must bring a carrier with a door. Small dogs run up on the counters, tear up the screens and scratch the table.
- Puppies chew! We know this from experience and a van trip is not the best environment to train a young dog.